Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Late Night Lake Staring

It is 4:10 in the morning and between my stomach issues and Shannon slowly inching her way diagonally across the bed, I am awake. My sleeping area at the head of the bed has shrunken to half of my pillow due to Shannon's tossing and turning. She has positioning herself to maximize the amount of  sleeping area by utilizing the Pythagorean formula to become the long side of a right triangle.  Now that I am unable to roll over without crushing her face, I slowly slide out between the covers and find myself sipping my baking soda water on our deck overlooking Twin Lake in Michigan.
 
There is no moon, but the sky is providing a lightning show that gives up a quick glimpse of the surroundings in sporadic intervals. No rain yet,  but you can feel a storm on the way.  The wind is picking up and the distant sound of thunder is getting louder. The wind and air have that certain smell that reminds me of my childhood when I would watch a thunderstorm roll across Lake Michigan.

I love it here. On a peaceful lake in my home state with the smell of the surf, and the sound of an incoming storm. I feel at home and my environment is filling my head with distant memories.
A lightning bolt just hit near by and I am on a second floor deck.  Time to head inside and push my C-squared woman to the bed's edge and enjoy the passing rain.

No comments: